All 7 art Reviews

vivilookup vivilookup

Prettty damn good

I like this. The ground texture and lighting are a nice touch. I do have a few criticisms though. It looks like there are some gaps in the mesh around the neck and inside the cuff crease. there also seems to be some odd blurring around the feet. but all in all, it's pretty damn good.

Warm Home Warm Home

Not bad

You know, this model almost looks like Benirus Manor from Oblivion. In fact, I had to double check to make sure it wasn't XD.

The landscaping could use a little work. maybe a hedge row or flower bed or something. The texturing is pretty good, with a few exceptions. There should be a beam directly at the second floor back corner. Same problem with the second floor windows, the beam should be directly in the middle of each set.

There also seems to be a few rendering artifacts. Grass is rendered over top of the porch columns in places. And I don't even know what to think of the window reflections. One of the downstairs windows seems to have a reflection of a window in it...

But yeah, all in all, not bad 7/5

link from beyond the grave link from beyond the grave

This proves it...

Keeping a fairy in a bottle is one thousand times more bad ass than it sounds! This is absolutely awesome in every way!

dommi-fresh responds:

yea zelda makes fairies bad ass

NitroAmmo NitroAmmo

it's a good start

I completely agree with Zertech, needs lower face count and set smooth. I'm sure your unfixable problem is nowhere near as complex as your making it out to be.

First things first, set the viewport to textured, if you see any transparent faces, their normals are backwards. select them and hit 'flip normals'. Secondly, your gonna want to clean up your edges. Set the whole thing to smooth. Select the face loop that makes up the main cylinder shape, then hit 'split'(in the mesh tools panel). See the difference? What you just did is break the mesh into smaller parts, so it's not smoothing the whole thing, only the individual pieces. Do that to the rest of the model where ever you want a sharp edge.

Play with it. Practice it. Perfect it.
~CD

Darcshadow7 responds:

Cool thanks! Thats great! Thanks for the tips, ill try them soon! =D

ODF CTF Map ODF CTF Map

...

I can tell your new at this, so I'll go easy on you. The overall design looks to be some sort of sci-fi, but the model looks too soft and squishy. As a rule of thumb, I say never use sub-surfacing unless your doing organic modeling. Remove that modifier and it would look 100% better. It's a decent design, but it lacks details. Try adding some panels or something to the walls to break up that smooth surface. Last but not least, you need to give this a good texture. If you don't already know how to UV map, I suggest you look into it; Then look for a good texture resource website, there are quite a few out there.

Cold Reaction Cold Reaction

Great contrast

For some reason this image just screams "TOP SECRET RESEARCH!" I love the dimly lit scene. It adds a great deal of interest to the whole image. It almost forces people to ask themselves 'what is that?' 'what does that do?' 'what am I not seeing?' Although in the future, I'd recommend not going so overboard on the dark areas.

GDI Hover MLRS GDI Hover MLRS

not bad

It looks horribly low poly, but very well textured. Constructive criticism: It looks a bit odd that it's missing the same rockets from both of the launchers. I'd recommend using a more complete texture in the future. Also, there seems to be an out of place blur on the front of the cockpit.

MRXII responds:

Well, yeah, it's lowpoly. First I modeled the plane, and then rotated the faces to right shape, like when you bend the paper when making these print-cut-glue thingys. And I'm not much of a texturer, so I just used the same in the print-cut-glue -paper. The blur&rockets go with the same excuse. Thanks for the 9 though =)